понедельник, 6 июля 2015 г.

Sisters, Sisters

Sisters, Sisters

My three beautiful sisters & I were in the same country, & the same state, & the same city for the most of the month of July. This was a tremendous blessing.



This happens only about once a year, so it’s a very special time for my family.


sister hands

If you look closely, you can see our matching love knot rings.


While my oldest sister was visiting from the UK, & my youngest was home from field training & on break from college, & my older sister & I cleared our schedules, we decided to get matching “sisters” tattoos.


russian sister tattoos сестры

top: oldest & older

bottom: me & younger


It says “сестры” which means “sisters” in Russian. In cursive cyrillic, the “t” looks like an “m”. My three sisters & I are completely different people, so it was amazing that when I was inspired by these sister’s tattoos, & I pitched the idea for ours, they all agreed. To honor our individuality, we went with different designs & locations.


My sisters added five birds to represent each of the children in our family, including our sister Rachel, who was stillborn at 9 months in October of 1982. My birds will be added coming up from the first “c” up towards my left shoulder in a few weeks, & I’ll have my serif letters touched up a bit once I see how they heal.



Original article and pictures take secure.gravatar.com site

1 комментарий:

  1. titanium flat irons - titanium-arts
    Our new stainless titanium guitar chords steel titanium ore flat irons titanium hammer are a popular item in the industry. This is an excellent stainless steel product. We snow peak titanium flask are proud to have purchased this guy tang titanium toner

    ОтветитьУдалить